The MEAL manager overall responsibility in the country programme includes but not limited to; coordinating, improving and implementing monitoring & evaluation systems and managing the MEAL team. The post holder is also responsible for having minimum operating procedures and frameworks in place for M&E and accountability to beneficiaries. The post holder will be overall responsible for capacity development of the programme team in MEAL.
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include;
Management and supervision
- Lead and manage the MEAL team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Provide technical support to field-based MEAL staff with a view to ensure coherence in data collection and analysis to support program development and quality
- Coordination and oversight of all aspects of the MEAL processes
- Oversee the process of needs assessments, baseline studies and impact assessments; working closely with technical advisors to ensure tools are in place.
- Conduct periodic activity monitoring and site visits to the field to monitor data collection/implementation
- Capacity building through training, feedback, coaching of programme staff in data collection, monitoring and analysis and accountability to beneficiaries
- Enhance Monitoring/Evaluation & accountability capacity among staff to ensure accountability, facilitate planning and strengthen service delivery
- Lead the development of Monitoring & Evaluation/Accountability to beneficiaries strategies, tools and ensuring coordination of the Monitoring & Evaluation teams input to the country strategy, proposals and reports. This requires working closely with the Area Manager and Technical PMs and Advisors.